ZZ Ninja Kid: Planes, Trains, Autos & Boats #13 Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas
Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas – the biggest cruise ship in the world
WOW this ship is HUGE !!!!!
We cruised for a week from Ft Lauderdale Florida and stopped in :
- Nassau, Bahamas
- St Thomas, US Virgin Islands
- St Maartens, Dutch/French Virgin Islands
Interesting Facts about Oasis of the Seas:
- Its 5 times bigger than the Titanic
- 362m long x 65m wide x 65m high from water line
- 18 decks & 2706 staterooms (cabins)
- It takes 6400 passengers & 2400 staff
- It moves at 24 knots & takes 6 minutes to stop in an emergency which is 1.5km – we actually had to make an emergency stop in the middle of the night !
- It weighs 225,282 Tonnes
- Its engines are 4 bow thrusters with 7500 HP each
- It has 4 swimming pools and 10 whirlpools, a basketball court, two flowriders (wave pools), two rock climbing walls, mini-golf and an ice-skating rink
- Each day they make 50 tonnes of ice cubes, guests drink 28,000 beers, 8000 sodas, 3000 bottles of red wine & 4000 bottles of white and eat 20 x 40ft containers full of food every week.
Star Wars at Sea
We took a 3 hour behind the scenes tour of the ship and went right down to the lowest levels to see the engines, laundry, food storage, kitchens and crew cabins and then right up to the top to the bridge where the Captain sails the ship. Its super cool and feels like you’re in the Millennium Falcon, I can imagine Hans Solo flying the Oasis of the Seas 😉